About the Role
We are currently seeking a Hardware Engineer to develop concepts, design, build, and deploy embedded products and solutions using industrial ethernet, Bluetooth/BLE, Wi-Fi, LoRa, and other digital communication channels and protocols.
• Participate in and lead specification, design, analysis, development, and support of wireless process instrumentation.
• Prove out design concepts through a combination of simulation and physical laboratory implementation/testing.
• Specify electronic components (micros, logic, modules, passive), design and build the PCBA in compliance with Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)/ Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) standards.
• Develop RF/Radio communications using wireless technologies such as BLE, WiFi, Wireless HART, and LoRa.
• Develop low-power designs for long battery life
• Develop battery monitoring and perform calculations for battery life
• Provide detailed simulations of critical circuits using SPICE or similar tools.
• Analyze designs and modify them for EOL, manufacturing, or customer issues.
• Work closely with the regulatory team and remain abreast of the latest developments in engineering and regulatory requirements including UL, CSA, IEC, ATEX, FCC, and IC and guide future development efforts.
• Perform root cause analysis of customer and manufacturing problems and document problem resolution methodologies.
• Work with quality and safety team to address safety/reliability concerns.
• Bring up boards and develop and execute low-level hardware tests by writing drivers, simulations, and scripts to ensure the design is working as per target specs
• Debug boards using various test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMMs, counters, logic analyzers
• Generating test plans and test reports for electrical and environmental tests.
• Assist with the fabrication, including procurement and build process, and test of prototype hardware.
• Perform and/or oversee design verification tests.
• Bachelor's/Master's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering and 2+ years of experience in the design and development of ultra-low-power battery-based analog and mixed-signal circuitry
• Working knowledge of computer architecture with particular emphasis on Arm-based micro-controllers like Cortex M3, BLE/WiFi/Ethernet for communication and working with different sensors
• Schematic capture and printed circuit board layout experience
• Ability to perform circuit simulation using PSpice, LTSpice, or equivalent.
• System and power consumption modeling and analysis experience using Excel, MATLAB, Simulink, or other comparable tools
• Hands-on experience with board bring-up and debugging microcontroller systems and serial (UART) using debuggers such as JTAG, SWD, etc., and using tools such as protocol analyzers, exercisers, logic analyzers, etc.
• Demonstrated understanding of FCC, IC, IEC, EN, US/CAN, and other international product safety and Radio standard
• Familiarity with quick prototyping hardware platforms like Arduino, raspberry pi, etc.,
• Ability to dive in and learn new sensing technologies
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
About the Company
Onivart is a leading one-stop-shop for all your Hardware & Software needs across various fields like Embedded Systems, Internet of Things, Smart Manufacturing, 3D Printing, Aggrotech, App development, and Product Designing to Small batch Manufacturing Solutions.